Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Maine is a big state. You might want to narrow that down a bit. Where are you staying and how far are you willing to drive? What skill level are you looking for? The more info you include the better responses you are likely to get. I've only ridden Mt. Aggie which is in way southern Maine. Great riding, but very technical and demanding. You will need a local to confidently navigate all the trails there. Good luck.

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,955 Posts
Go to Bangor, go directly to Bangor, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars. We have it all. PM me when you get close to leaving. You will not be disappointed with this area. Nowhere else in the state has the trail network in this area. 30min south there is a Mtn that has all the "all mtn" you could want. Break out your old Mountain Bike mag and check it out. Bangor was featured last fall.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Bradbury State Park in Pownal about 5 miles from llbean in Freeport. They've added lots and lots of sweet singletrack the past 3 to 4 years. There's a nominal fee to park. They have bathrooms(outhouses) and water. A map is available from the ranger(have them add all the new trails that have been built by the mtn. biking rangers. Just a wonderful trail system. The mtn. side of the road is okay with the Boundary trail being highly technical, but the trails on the opposite side of the road are great. All the singletrack comes off of the doubletrack and you'll see the posts for it, but the map is a must. There must be well over 10 miles of trails now.

·
fried stuff with cheese
1,293 Posts
indyfab25 said:
Go to Bangor, go directly to Bangor, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars. We have it all. PM me when you get close to leaving. You will not be disappointed with this area. Nowhere else in the state has the trail network in this area. 30min south there is a Mtn that has all the "all mtn" you could want. Break out your old Mountain Bike mag and check it out. Bangor was featured last fall.
There is a chance I will be in your neck of the woods last weekend of the month. I it happens any chance of a tour? I'll be in Ellsworth but it's just a short ride over to Bangor.

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,955 Posts
The last weekend? Hmm...I will be in S. Maine for a family reunion sat and the Bradbury race on Sunday. I can send you in the right direction for an outstanding sunday morning ride if you wish...great crowd, super cool attitude and can be very fast. Keep me posted.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bangor/Orono/Veazie are the places you want to be. Like Indyfab said, its got it all.
Another note, What did they feature in Bangor in the magazine? Im assuming the bog? I go to UM and ride quite a bit and didnt hear a word about that

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,955 Posts
Just rode it today as a matter of fact...

sinister said:
Man, if near portland ride "The River Trail", the presumpscot river trail. Trust me, great trail network. Used to live 4 blocks from it and never got tired of riding it.

http://outdoortravels.com/biking_me_overview_portlandarea.html
You are correct...it is cool. I rode the westbrook part behind corsettis and then over to the other side where it comes out to riverside golf course. Too much fun. No technical sections, just blazing fast trails.

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,955 Posts
Yeah...that is mentioned above in my post Retard...

RetardedKevin said:
Donkey mountain in Frankfort is great. Good for Freeride/All mountain bikes. Climbs and descents.
By the way, give me a call so we can ride said mountain and take pictures of us riding over rocks....hehehehe :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.