Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are headed to summit county with some friends for a long weekend of riding over labor day. Its been about ten years since I've been there...I imagine a lot has changed. Does anyone have any suggestions for camping over the holiday weekend? I somewhat remember some dispersed sites near the Frisco/Dillon area, but would appreciate any info. Also, is there a good online resource to learn about all the trails in the area? Any suggestions on must-do trails. Really looking forward to riding a new place and checking SC out again. Thanks in advance.

·
climb
2,293 Posts
Beware, there will be a race in keystone that weekend. Keystone Klimax. You might want to head towards breckenridge, or vail. There are some trails (epic sorts of rides i.e., colorado trail) around keystone that won't run into the race, but you'll need a map.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...I was unaware of the race. I'll have to do some research...might be worth checking out while we're there. Do you know if you can camp near vail? I guess I assumed it was a non-option.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't had a chance to look at a map yet...but I'm assuming there is dispersed camping in the national forest. Not sure how crowded it will be over the weekend, though.

Regarding the race...can you ride Keystone over the weekend? Or, is it pretty much closed off?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts