Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of a good place to get aluminum round/tube in denver? im starting a bike light project. there is a lot on line but shipping is a killer. thanks

·
Registered
553 Posts
Check with Alreco in Henderson, CO. Bob usually answer's the phone. (303-287-7210) I buy a lot of square tube from them and I think they carry round as well. The pricing is fair too. If they don't have what you're looking for, he usually can point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i called and wow, super expensive. quoted me $23 for a piece i can get on line for $12. now im not sure where to go....

·
Registered
482 Posts
you can buy it cheaper on line from someone who doesn't care about you

or

you can buy it from a supplier who will go the distance to make sure you are well taken care of, questions answered, quality product delivered, easy warrenty, and special requests taken care of

anything material/supplier related it is best to create a business to business relationship

·
Does Not Belong on a Bike
248 Posts
What's the deal with people not realizing that the local business have overhead that companies on the internets do not have.

I'm with ripper roo. That extra $11 can go to shipping or to Bob's and his buddies knowledge and know how. Me thinks UPS and freight companies already have plenty of cash, not to mention, that probably more than half of the shipping that the online company is charging is going back into their pockets since they probably ship enough to get discounted rates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts