• Red Barn Cycles

Votes: 11 4.8%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

2008 MTBR Peoples Choice Award - Best Online Store

This year have run a thread to gain nominations for the top 10 nominated stores.

Preparing for the annual MTBR Peoples Choice Award - Best Online Store

Overall there were a good number of nominations, including a number from Europe etc, which is great considering MTBR is a USA based site, so great to see..... Also good to see that 2 European stores made it into the top 10...

This year there were a number of nominations for 2 stores that may not be defined as online stores, because an online product list etc is not with these two stores. I have used my discretion and feel these should well be included, I made this decision on the vast number of customers I have met in Spain, UK, NZ etc, so indeed I feel it is just..

Please place a vote for your top online store, lets keep it real folks, make sure you have dealt with them and made a purchase.....The list is in no order or ranked from narrowing down to 10..

Jenson USA
Universal Cycles
Speedgoat
Price Point
bike24.de
competitive cyclist
Chain Reaction Cycles
Mountain High Cyclery
Bike29.com
Red Barn Cycles

We got 291 votes last year, let us see if we can really get a good number of votes, as mentioned in the nominations thread, many of the Online Stores were tracking the voting, I was told in some communication I had with stores that they do take on board the comments made on these threads, so lets really make it something...

Who will be the MTBR Peoples Choice Best Online Store for 2008 ?????????????????

Cheers
Whafe

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hear ya nico2me, but they did not receive any nominations..... So next year for sure place a nomination, it is always going to be difficult to get everyones nominations....

But the link is there in your post, and am sure people will check it out.....

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ionsmuse said:
The Path.
The Path never received a nomination, make a nomination next year.....:thumbsup:

·
Maaaaan
4,259 Posts

·
likes to ride bikes
212 Posts
giantbikeboy said:
Jenson is good but Pricepoint seems to ship the second you hit the order button. Love em!:thumbsup:
Pricepoint is good, but Jenson has a WAY bigger selection, and I've actually experienced the "instantaneous shipping" with them more frequently than the 'Point. Just my $.02.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Eric, be sure to put up a Nomination for Adrenaline next year.....

It is hard to catch them all, maybe I should have kept the nominations open for far longer...

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
90 votes thus far, need to surpass 300 votes, please place your vote if you qualify to vote.

Cheers
Whafe

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I went with Chain Reaction since I've been buying a lot of Shimano stuff and they can't be beat by US retailers on price. That and they are quicker to ship than US dealers.
:thumbsup:

·
A wheelist
5,991 Posts
Hmmmm I remember nominating three places - none of which are on your list. What about Bikeman, VeloOrange and Bill Larson's CyclePathNW? I've had excellent service from all of them THIS YEAR and much better service than some on your list.

So, unless you have a very good reason for excluding them (I'd like to hear it) then your list is a joke.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mike T. said:
Hmmmm I remember nominating three places - none of which are on your list. What about Bikeman, VeloOrange and Bill Larson's CyclePathNW? I've had excellent service from all of them THIS YEAR and much better service than some on your list.

So, unless you have a very good reason for excluding them (I'd like to hear it) then your list is a joke.
Mike T, you seem a little tense re the fact that none of your nominations made it through. The way it works is a poll can only have 10 lines so to speak, going by all the nominations, your 3 didnt make the cut.... For sure doesnt mean that they are not great stores. Great to hear to that you have had rocking good service....:thumbsup:

·
A wheelist
5,991 Posts
Whafe said:
Mike T, you seem a little tense re the fact that none of your nominations made it through. The way it works is a poll can only have 10 lines so to speak, going by all the nominations, your 3 didnt make the cut.... For sure doesnt mean that they are not great stores. Great to hear to that you have had rocking good service....:thumbsup:
Then at least put a bullet that gives us the "none of the above" choice or your poll is no better than voting for politicians.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mike T. said:
Then at least put a bullet that gives us the "none of the above" choice or your poll is no better than voting for politicians.
Point taken on board, or if none of the companies skid your wheels, dont vote, easily solved....:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.