Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this afternoon vtt, ebrider, viggz and i met on northgate road and rode up past the entrance gate into the park. they will have to fill the details of the trails in as i was being guided around. we climbed from about 150 ft at the meeting point to about 2200 ft when we started down. this was probably my most concentrated climb and my lack of shape showed a bit. the guys were great in showing me around and waiting as i struggled up, up, up.....i made it though, just had to take a few breathers. from our high point we took the road back partway down to some fun singletrack. the streams were running pretty well and there was more mud than i thought, even on some of the climbs, but all in all it was a great ride. the company was good and the scenery was fantastic with the late afternoon light and the bright green grasses blowing in the wind.

thanks for guiding me and for being patient. i have some work to do to get in shape but am looking forward to more rides with you guys.

here are a few pix from the ride:

1. vtt, ebrider and viggz--waiting for me
2. fording one of the streams
3. climbing number one
4. climbing number two
5. obligatory wildflower picture

Attachments

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wherewolf said:
Gotta get in shape for those summer epics coming up in just two months. I had a great day/night ride with imjps at New Melones this afternoon/evening. It was his first day on the trails since breaking his clavicle on our last night ride two months ago.
thanks for the kind words on the ride and the pix.

:p

·
Registered
241 Posts
Good times..

Nice pics Dick, and good meeting you all yesterday. Till next time..

I don't know the beginning trail we started off on, but we eventually ended up on BBQ, took that to Summit, then down the road to ... supposed to be Diablo Ranch trail, but we ended up riding down to Buckeye instead and back out the way we came in. The water comes right down the hill and across BBQ, which I didn't know about. Wall would have been a drier choice, though a lot more strenous.

Mike

·
Uncle
4,388 Posts
Mt. Diablo

What a great time of year. I grew up riding on those trails & for the life of me, don't recall it ever being that green while on a bike. Must have been out there in July or so, cuz all I remember were the humming bugs, reminding me how hot, dry & brown everything was. God I don't miss that. Glad to see why some folks always ride there though. Oh, what beautiful memories.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.