Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just built a Pivot Mach 6 Carbon and when I went to I stall the final piece (MRP 2X chain guide) I ran into some issues. Because of the low bottom bracket and the chain stay being lower than normal, the chain guide plate would not mount to the ISCG-05 mounts without the roller laying on top of the chain stay. No amount of spacers would work because it is a press fit bottom bracket. I am waiting word from Pivot for a recommended chain guide that is compatible. I wanted to put this up here and some pictures so anyone who is going to build one and plans on using a chain guide should see this first so you won't have to return it as I did.

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
MRP makes a guide for VPP bikes it's called a medium angle guide for problems like this since VPP bikes have the chains stays/rear triangle below the bottom bracket. The lower jockey wheel is clocked a little more counter clock wise at the 7 o'clock position. I have one on my nomad works http://

www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=37892&category=363

I'm not sure if they make it in a 2x system.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pivot has not got back yet..

Thanks dark star ill check it out.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Call them on the phone or post in the Pivot forum. You will have an answer immediately with the call and probably by the end of the day in the forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know this is a couple months old, but...

I also had this problem with the MRP 2X I took off my Santa Cruz Solo to put on my M6 (Large). It interferes with the M6's chubby chain stay, not allowing you to rotate the plate enough to get the slots aligned with the ISCG-05 threads.

I purchased the Blackspire Twinty 2X as it looked like it would work. Sure enough, it did. Silky smooth too! Virtually no pedal resistance.

Hope that helps anyone facing this exact issue!

20140527_181415_Web.jpg

20140527_181759_Web.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts