Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
Pivot Trail 429 & Switchblade
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the angle markings on the Pivot handlebars, I'm curious what others are running theirs at. My Switchblade is rotated 2.5 degrees forward. I'm trying zero degrees on the Trail 429. It was giving me hand numbness at 2.5 degrees.

· Registered
32 Posts
I can never figure out if those markings are supposed to be read at the top of the bar or at the base of the stem - in any event, I think mine are roughly centered on my Switchblade. The 0.0 appears to pretty much facing straight up. That puts the 7.5 mark at the base of the stem.

· Registered
125 Posts
Yeah, I cannot figure out how MTB handlebars are supposed to be mounted. With drop bars, it is simple.
I was told that the Padloc grips make it easy to figure out the orientation of the handlebars.
The angle-cut of the grips is supposed to point straight-up toward the sky.
However, on a short 12mile ride, I'm getting pain on my hands at the web of my hand near the thumb.
I think I need bars with more sweep.

· Registered
32 Posts
If you're getting pain in the inside of your palm, you could try rotating them forward a bit. This will raise the outside of the grips and lower the inside. Conversely, you could also rotate them back a bit, which will move the inside of the grips away and the outside toward you. It all just depends on your anatomy and what your riding position looks like.

There's no 'right' way to orient MTB bars, just as there's no 'right' way to orient the brake levers, or how far in the shifter and dropper levers should be, etc. You set it to whatever feels ergonomically best to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.