Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using anti-seize on their pivot bolts? Some thing llike Loctite C5-A Anti-Seize compound. Thinkin' it might make more sense than grease for this application.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
It's no cure all but does seem to work better/last longer than grease...SC needs to put some R&D into this issue...this bike is just a PITA to keep creak free.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Loctite® 8060 - Aluminium Anti-Seize ?

Well I use the Rock'n'roll that Santacruz recomended, but I don't know if this from Loctite is better.

Loctite® 8060 - Aluminium Anti-Seize

Cures rapidly to provide immediate low pressure sealing. Its controlled lubricity prevents galling and protects mated threaded areas from rust and corrosion. Its creamy semi-solid consistency allows for optimum control during application.

Applications
Aluminium based Anti-Seize for screws, nuts, pipes, heat exchangers, etc. Ideal to use for wheel to hub connection, Industrial oven hinge pins, fork lift truck lifting mechanisms.

Specifications
• Solid Lubricating Agent: Aluminium & graphite
• Temperature Range: -30 to +900°C
• N.L.G.I. Class: 0
• Colour: Aluminium

Attachments

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
I'm not exactly sure concerning the "aluminum" reference. It sounds a lot like the antiseize type pictured here that we use at our shop. I'd bet they're the same, mine just doesn't use the term "aluminum based". There's probably aluminum, graphite, moly, and a bunch of other magic dust in the Permatex stuff too.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
rug wheelie said:
Anyone using anti-seize on their pivot bolts? Some thing llike Loctite C5-A Anti-Seize compound. Thinkin' it might make more sense than grease for this application.
I applied anti-seize on BLT rear shox axle two month ago and bike is creak free since then.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Permatex and Locktite are both owned by the same parent company and are made in the same factory. Look at the catalog number. If it's the same number, they are exactly the same product. It's a funny corporate world we live in. Check it out!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts