Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need new pivot bearings for my 04 extreme x2! where can i get them or what size are they? and please don’t tell me my lbs cuz the only haro mtb dealer in san antonio sux! it's a shame really, haro makes some badass mountain bikes but all we have are bmx dealers. the only place to get a haro mtb is not even a full bike shop, it's a sporting goods store. i've asked them twice to order me new bearings but they never seem to remember. dosn't all the extremes use the same pivot bearings? mabey the sonix too? wouldn’t it be a good idea to keep a few on hand? any way, any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
...for I am a raindog too
267 Posts
I'd just go to a local bearing supplier-- seriously ( I realize that sounds just too simple...).

Pull the old ones and carry them in. they will have calipers to measure the 'cages' and can hook you up. They'll likely have a cheap-o asian supplier and a high dollar 'quality' bearing set. The cheap-o will probably run you in the $5- $8 per bearing, the high dollar will be closer to $15/$20. per side.

The cheap ones will be fine for a bike application-- no real high speed or heat generated as with inside a motor.....

·
Underweight Rider
439 Posts
On a side note, i previously owned a taiwan FS frame and the bearings went south. Brought the bearings to a Bearing supplier and they said they have it, then they asked me wats the intended use and i said for a MTB. He ends up explaining to me the limited loads and i end up with a premium Timken bearing. He showed me the same one i had on the taiwan bike and it was a budget generic sealed bearing. The premium one still cheap at about usd18 and has been working great ever since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.