Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been out on any trails in the Pittsburgh area lately? If so, how are the conditions after this weekends rain/thaw? I am itching to ride after just moving back from Chicago (aka, FLAT, boring, over-crowded, etc..) but am weary about too much mud and subsequent trail damage. Thanks to anyone who has some info!

·
Registered
410 Posts
randob300 said:
Has anyone been out on any trails in the Pittsburgh area lately? If so, how are the conditions after this weekends rain/thaw? I am itching to ride after just moving back from Chicago (aka, FLAT, boring, over-crowded, etc..) but am weary about too much mud and subsequent trail damage. Thanks to anyone who has some info!
Well I can tell ya that if it's anything like it is here in Phila. it did not thaw at all, I tried yesterday , it was a skating rink.. not even walkable...fire road was almost ridable...trails were solid ice....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Pgh trail conditions

I went to Frick on Wed. night to take my dog for a walk and everything was a sheet of ice and the way temps have been warming up I am assuming it will be pretty sloppy especially on Saturday. But on Sunday the temps are supposed to take a nose dive and it should freeze everything back up and maybe ridable.

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts