Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to head to Pittsburg on business and will likely have 1-2 days to MTB during travel between NYC and PITT.

Looking for recs on where to ride either in the Pittsburg area or along the way off of 78/76 or 80/28.

I've never ridden this far West in PA.

Thanks in advance!

Sand Yeti

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
What kind of riding do you like to do? There are definitely some good options on either of those routes in from NYC but they all sort of have their own distinct flavors.

Also, I live east of Pittsburgh so never really make it that way for my rides but some of the stuff right around Pittsburgh is very well thought of, just FYI.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will have my 150/160 bike with and prefer trails best suited my bike. If given the option I prefer trail/enduro to xc, love the downhills but not afraid to pedal or climb.

Hit Glen Park this spring and Redding, Mt. Penn (some others in the area) a few years back. Otherwise haven't ridden too much in PA.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I will have my 150/160 bike with and prefer trails best suited my bike. If given the option I prefer trail/enduro to xc, love the downhills but not afraid to pedal or climb.

Hit Glen Park this spring and Redding, Mt. Penn (some others in the area) a few years back. Otherwise haven't ridden too much in PA.

Thanks!
If you are coming in on I76 I always like to suggest Laurel Mountain, but it's where I do most of my riding and I am biased. If you are considering that I am happy to give you some specific trail recommendations. 7 Springs park is pretty decent too and more or less in that same vicinity.

Moraine State Park would be an option if you're coming from I80 -- it's pretty unique but in my experience would be somewhat helpful to have someone with you that knew the trails.

And again, when you get around Pittsburgh people definitely like North Park and Frick. And there's plenty of other places I am not mentioning but those are the ones that come to mind.

·
Registered
115 Posts
What days are you looking at coming into town? We’ve got a crew here around North Park that rides Thursday nights that you might want to join up with. We usually end up hitting the freeride park a couple times and generally ride the chunkier downhill trails.

+1 for Raystown though. I’ve lived here 4-1/2 years now and just got out there last weekend for the first time, and the trails are a blast.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will likely hit Raystown while in route during the day Monday, then then hit something either in the Pitt area Thursday or on my return route. Don't plan to ride any of the nights while in town as my time will be spoken for. Thanks for the head's up though?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.