Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
961 - 980 of 1358 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
For those of you using a Stinger chain guide. Are you using spacers between the plate and the ISCG mount? Mine is buzzing my tire.

·
Registered
18 Posts
DWDW said:
For those of you using a Stinger chain guide. Are you using spacers between the plate and the ISCG mount? Mine is buzzing my tire.
Mine did that too. I bent it a little the other way, hah. The chain rubs on the metal sometimes too. I should either get another washer or get rid of it.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Upgrades:

2009 Marzocchi 55 RC3 160mm
Avid Code 5s
SLX chainset
DMR V12s
Ki900 dropper seatpost
X9 rear mech
Spank Subrosa rims
Truvativ Stem and Bars
Continental rain king tyres 2.5

·
Registered
401 Posts
Bicycle tire Wheel Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel

Here is the latest upgrades on mine. Monarch Plus, Stinger Chainguide, new bars + grips. I have a fresh set of tires yet to come. Unfortunately, Spring has been canceled as you can see in the pic, so I won't be riding it any time soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
howza1 said:

Upgrades:

2009 Marzocchi 55 RC3 160mm
Avid Code 5s
SLX chainset
DMR V12s
Ki900 dropper seatpost
X9 rear mech
Spank Subrosa rims
Truvativ Stem and Bars
Continental rain king tyres 2.5
Looking nice howza, can i ask what chainring sizes your using?

I'm looking at adding a bash and a Blackspire stinger, just wondering if i will need to change the standard rings (22/32 teeth) to anything bigger.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
DWDW said:
View attachment 605634

Here is the latest upgrades on mine. Monarch Plus, Stinger Chainguide, new bars + grips. I have a fresh set of tires yet to come. Unfortunately, Spring has been canceled as you can see in the pic, so I won't be riding it any time soon.
Nice! I'm thinking about "raw-ing" my Pitch too, the stock paint is crap and chips off if you look at it wrong. Did you do the work yourself or have it acid stripped?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I did it myself using spray on aluminum stripper. It's not that tough, but there is some labor involved, especially in the nooks and crannies. I used a couple of nylon brushes to help. It took 2 cans of stripper for me. The toughest part for me was removing and replacing the bearings.

Mine had the yellow paint, which I hated, but bought it because it was a good deal, and it was the only one left. I'm loving the raw finish.

·
Ride.
118 Posts
Here's my Pro. Added an MRP bash, Odi's, wide H-bar off a Big Hit and some spd's(not in pic). Does everything my Fluid LT did but handles tight trails better.

961 - 980 of 1358 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.