Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hiya all
After a year and a half of fun and lots of frustration I got rid of my KHS XC and went Specialized. No here's the thing...
I live in Israel and bikes here are about twice the price they are in the States.
I bought an Enduro Elite 07 off E-Bay but for all kinds of reasons it took about 8 months to finally get to Israel. Meantime I spent $1300 more and bought a Pitch that I ride today.
Don't get much air (yet) but hope to evolve there in the future as well as ride more aggressive AM.
I weigh in at about 200 (85kg) and have always beat my buddies uphill and XC even when riding my old deadweight KHS and they ride light XC/AM rigs. I need a bike that can take punishment - I broke my seat, ripped my chain, snapped spokes and other things that I can't even remember.
I slip behind when pointed down, going over rockgardens, slippy patches and drops on the run.
Now comes the big Q - which bike do you guys suggest I keep ?
Thanks for the info
Sado

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Rusty

I realize that I commited a cardinal sin by opening a thread very like one from the past.
May the bike gods forgive me:aureola:
thanks Rusty for your 2c...not that it helps me much:thumbsup:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Here's my two cents...

I think the bikes are very similar. Since you have an 07 enduro, and since it seems you are far away from a dealer network and the 07's seem to need considerable attention to the suspension, you might want the Pitch.

This is only for ease of maintenance and that it may keep you on your bike more.

Good luck. I don't think you need to agonize as I don't think there is a wrong decision.

·
Joey
24 Posts
HaHa, just the guy I have been looking to talk to. Im looking at getting a new frame and was looking for an Enduro or a Pitch and I found a guy who has both. I dont know which one to get. Im on a Specialized P All Mountain (2007 beefy model) its the real all mountain, not the new 100mm travel little ones. I really want an Enduro frame but since they dont make them anymore and now have the pitches instead, im unsure what to get??? What do you like better?

Joey

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pitch Vs Enduro 07

Hiya Joey
Truth be told, I haven't ridden the Enduro yet as it just arrived yesterday.
It's the Elite meaning a 130 only front fork so what I think I'll do is take the fox 4.0 from the Enduro and exchange it for the Pitch's back shock (an unknown brand on the comp) and sell the Enduro .
Seems that the Pitch can take much more punishment than I first thought and it's new (the Enduro is a second hand 07) .
Good luck with your soon to be new bike
Avi

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sado said:
I realize that I commited a cardinal sin by opening a thread very like one from the past.
May the bike gods forgive me:aureola:
thanks Rusty for your 2c...not that it helps me much:thumbsup:
It's up to you because you have both the bikes and you have the opportunity to see which is better for you. Keep them both for a little bit, ride both, see which one works better for you. You already have both the bikes so you can really test the bike compared to others who have to parking lot test which do not reflect on the capabilities of the bicycle. They are the "same bike" in terms of travel and such but the enduro elite does come in a better color- green.

·
Wait, what!?
742 Posts
The Enduro in the non SL, correct? I only skimmed through the posts, but there was no Enduro SL Elite, so I can only assume. I vote Pitch anyways, but they both rock.

Alright, continue....

·
Registered
517 Posts
I don't know about the pitch, but the 07 enduro elite shines with new suspension. I have a Fox 36 Van (160mm) up front and I put a DHX 4.0 coil (8.5x.25) in the rear. I can pedal up and I can do some serious DH trails like a champ.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts