Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, im lookin 2 get the chain off my pitch pro 2 clean it, but im havin difficulty removing it, i know it clips off put but im really tryin, not tryin 2 damage it...is there a way/ technique they come off, bcos it doesnt say it any where in my manuals.....thanks

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the guy in my local shop, said, it just clips out, no tool required??? im tryin buy it just wont go, do i bend it or or twist 4 it 2 clip out?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iv just cleaned it the best i can with it on, dun a pretty gd job i fink, with degreaser, and put white lightening lube on now, see how it goes....thanks

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
If it's a SRAM chain then it'll have a gold link somewhere along the chain. This is the power link, squeeze the link together and push the chain together at that spot and the link should break free, it slides along a small rail and pops into place when it's locked in. so all you have to do is pop it out.

if it's a SHIMANO chain you need a chain tool and a new chain pin. You want to pop a pin off of a leader portion of the link, so take the chain above the chainstay and pop out a pin on a the front part of the round link. DO NOT try to re-use this pin as atempting to pop it back in could destroy one of the chain plates. Use the new chain pin (it should be pretty long), pop it in using the chain tool and break off the excess end that sticks out.

I'd explain this a bit clearer with a bike in front of me, sorry if I'm vague.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.