Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
consistent default champ
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is supposed to rain Saturday but I am trying to plan a Sunday trip. What trails in Pisgah will still be decent? I have only been there once last year.
Any trails that are a must ride? Anyone else riding there this weekend? I'll be coming from Greenville, SC.

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
we're headed that way

brownieinSC said:
It is supposed to rain Saturday but I am trying to plan a Sunday trip. What trails in Pisgah will still be decent? I have only been there once last year.
Any trails that are a must ride? Anyone else riding there this weekend? I'll be coming from Greenville, SC.
I know we're going rain or shine..just don't know when Sunday or who's all going. or what trails. Bent Creek is in good shape. We thought about maybe Turkey Pen gap loop. playing it by ear.
we're leaving from G'ville as well. we usually meet of at Stax @ cherrydale for breakfast and headup from there. PM if you want to ride with us. hope to have more info towards Friday

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
Bent Creek would make a nice short side ride, but I wouldn't drive all the way up here just to do it. It's a bit gooey right now, and if we get more rain, it'll be worse. Go high young man. Enjoy the drainage and views.

:D

·
When did you get here?!?!
1,691 Posts
favorite newfound linkup...

It's on the map and totally legit...
Near the bottom of Pilot hang a left onto the unmarked old roadbed. It will take you over to the Slate Rock loop. Turn right to head back down to FS1206 or left to head up and around the loop. If you head down there, it takes a mile of gravel road out of the ride and adds two+ miles of singletrack.
~E

brownieinSC said:
Good for training my legs on for races with all that climbing. Hopefully I'll have disc brakes before I go here for the downhill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.