Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in meeting up to pre-ride the Swank 65 course in Pisgah this weekend (10/22-10/23)? I'm open both days, but would prefer early Sat morning...although not too early, as I'll be coming from the Charlotte area. Maybe around 9am? Also any suggestions on where to park? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Park at the small lot at the bottom of Daniel Ridge. That way you will come by your car twice and you can pick up food and beverages and bail out if needed.

I wouldn't mind riding with you on Saturday. I might bail after the Farlow loop. Or maybe before the Farlow loop. I really hate that climb.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good. Does this sound like the correct parking lot? Pass the Fish Hatchery and then pass Cove Creek Group Camp and FS 475 becomes a dirt road. The Daniel Ridge parking area is on the right. I can meet you at 9 am, if that works for you. Will send contact info via PM. Any others care to join?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll have to take your word for it. ;-) It looks like the rain's supposed to taper off late Thu/early Fri. You think it'll still be sloppy Sat morning? If so, are there other options we can take that drain/dry out more quickly than Butter/Long Branch?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.