Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Appalachian Singletrack'n
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is their a listing somewhere of all the “seasonal trails“ in Pisgah. I know of a few the books say are seasonal but I see people riding them anyway. The maps refer to some trails as open to bikes but books call them seasonal. How is one supposed to know? I was trying to put together a few loops and don’t want to step on any toes. The “Pink Beds” is a good example, the book calls it seasonal but I see people riding it all summer and the maps call it a bike trail, how is one supposed to know weather or not its ok to ride?

Any help is appreciated.

Edit….whoops closer examination of the map shows “S” on the trail table for seasonal

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
chickenlegs said:
Always been curious about North Slope, Pink Beds, etc... why are they seasonal anyway???
Just a guess, but I think it is due to their proximity to easy access, and the relative ease to hike them. In otherwords, they are heavily travelled in the summer and are therefore seasonal to avoid user conflict (ie: walker-biker collisions).

Again, I don't know for sure, but this is all I can figure out. Both of these rides are great for newbs and also they make a great cooldown/addon ride to the more epic trails in Pisgah.

·
I love Pisgah
3,406 Posts
Exactly. Heavily used in the wamer months by day hikers. Be thankful you can ride them at all IMHO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.