Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Go make a difference
Joined
·
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning a trip to Pisgah and Dupont next week arriving in Pisgah on Thursday 12-29. Can anyone advise current trail conditions? I'm thinking of catching some riding on the Fish Hatchery side since I've not ridden over there yet.

Also, if anyone can direct me to a map of the Dupont area, I'd greatly appreciate it.

If you're interested in joining me, I'll be staying at Davidson River (if I can get a good phone number).

Thanks for your help.
 

·
Mr. Bucket
Joined
·
136 Posts
Dupont condition

I rode Dupont last weekend and the recently re-worked trails were a little mushy but the older trails were fine. There was some ice but overall it was beautiful. if we get more rain i would advise to stay off of airstirp, reasonover creek, mine mountain and laurel mtn.

We also rode clawhammer to black mtn down to club gap south on 477 to bennet gap and back to the horse stables. Clawhammer and bennet gap was a little icy in places but not bad overall.

Enjoy
 

·
H8 H8 H8
Joined
·
864 Posts
Dang, Cook.

djcnwriding said:
I rode Dupont last weekend and the recently re-worked trails were a little mushy but the older trails were fine. There was some ice but overall it was beautiful. if we get more rain i would advise to stay off of airstirp, reasonover creek, mine mountain and laurel mtn.

We also rode clawhammer to black mtn down to club gap south on 477 to bennet gap and back to the horse stables. Clawhammer and bennet gap was a little icy in places but not bad overall.

Enjoy
Don't you ever rest? I've done somewhere around 20 miles in the last two weeks. :rolleyes:

I thought I saw your wore out tire marks out there. I think Shane and I were following
you down Reasonover.

ZB
 

·
drunken pirate
Joined
·
1,414 Posts
I rode a Clawhammer -> Bennett Gap route yesterday and it was quite enjoyable. There was ice all over the north slopes and plenty of downed limbs up near the Buckhorn Gap shelter making it a little slow going but it was still a lot of fun.

From what I saw I'd advise sticking to trails that favor the southsides of the mountains. Have fun!
 

·
Official Cooler Inspector
Joined
·
2,652 Posts
K2 Breaker - PM me regarding that weekend. Dang, if I can dog sit Boots - we'll take your campgound donation dollars! We can provide tepid water and an indoor stove in exchange. You buy the pizza.

;)
 

·
Philosophizer
Joined
·
483 Posts
I'm off work on the 29th and 30th. I haven't ridden much in the last month but I'd be glad to show you around. I live about 5 min from DuPont. If I can be any help just holla back.
 

·
Go make a difference
Joined
·
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Slight change in plans. I decided to stay home most of the week and reorganize the house -- things I've been going riding and putting off doing. I may head up somewhere for the weekend, may head out early Friday morning.

mtbr66~ if i go up for Dupont, is there a better campground than Davidson River to stay at? DR is good b/c it has hot showers and is close to town. Plus, I know it and not any others in the area!

M-U-M, check ur PM.
 

·
Philosophizer
Joined
·
483 Posts
k2biker said:
Slight change in plans. I decided to stay home most of the week and reorganize the house -- things I've been going riding and putting off doing. I may head up somewhere for the weekend, may head out early Friday morning.

mtbr66~ if i go up for Dupont, is there a better campground than Davidson River to stay at? DR is good b/c it has hot showers and is close to town. Plus, I know it and not any others in the area!

M-U-M, check ur PM.
Davidson is still your best bet this time of year.I'll be glad to help out if you need some trail assistance.I'll be riding somewhere thur-sun. I gotta get back into some kind of shape. ;)
 

·
Go make a difference
Joined
·
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
66~
check your PM and give me a call. I may be heading your way tomorrow (Friday) morning for the weekend. gotta be back at work on Tuesday.

I'll have NO internet access after tonight! Thanks for your help!

MUM, I'll call you and see what's shakin!
 

·
esq.
Joined
·
69 Posts
Friday @ DuPont

A couple of us will be riding from Guion Farms Parking lot around 2 pm tommorrow. Probably ride for 90 minutes or so.

Scott
 

·
Ozark Native
Joined
·
600 Posts
wnc tour you say

djcnwriding said:
ratio is probably 14 to 2 or if i were smart i'd say 7/1 or is that seven ones or what?shazam. up for some new years hootenanny?
how about an early spring WNC tour?
as they say on MXC: Let's get it on.
dont want to waist to much of your time but, what woud your idea of that be? I would like to go mid March or Memorial Day which is better. And when is early spring in WNC.
Thank you in advance.

Chris
 

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
Joined
·
5,326 Posts
lil hillbilly said:
dont want to waist to much of your time but, what woud your idea of that be? I would like to go mid March or Memorial Day which is better. And when is early spring in WNC.
Thank you in advance.

Chris
Word of advise, if you are coming Memorial Day weekend, you better book where you are staying well in advance... most the trails and campsites are packed that weekend. March can be good... but the weather is very unpredictable. something to plan on, always expect the worst.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top