Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three days of Easter riding in Western NC- it doesn't get much better. I think Dupont is my favorite riding but must say the boys at Brushy Mountain who have just completed the Warrior Trails have created a masterpiece near Wilkseboro. Took a ton of pics and tried to pick out some of the best. The Epiphany rode very well as usual. I was able to handle a few spots on the Big Rock Trail that I had to hike a bike last year. Thanks to my family for letting me go all day. Would love to go for a week or two over the Summer. If you have never ridden Pisgah area its worth the trip!!! You will love it..

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Check out the map of Dupont. The list on the right is nothing but trails!!! Dude you can ride forever-how sweeet. The Mountainbike guide series is a must to have - included a shot of the Kerr Scott Dam trails near Wilkesboro- another amazing trail system. Pisgah/Asheville region/area is gorgeous and trails for months-literally.

Attachments

·
all your base
352 Posts
dupont is sweet! going down big rock is a stinking blast, so many natural ramps to pop off. Can't wait to get my moment up there. that makes for a great photo op, i think everyone who rides it stops for a pic, (as they should).

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for Reply

Primefocus- you are right about Dupont. Every time (twice) I have made it down Big Rock I have been grateful to be alive:D Dupont/Pisgah has to be one of my favorite places on this Earth! A majestic spot with killer trails! Every time I ride there I am like a kid at Disney World, smiling ear to ear and adrenaline for days. The Moment should be in its element at Big Rock-enjoy!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dupont/Pisgha

Thanks Wilsonblur- just looking at the pictures again makes me smile, all riders within 5-10 hours of Dupont/Pisgah owe it to themselves to go ride! Great trails and a super mt bike commmunity-you will not be dissapointed.:)

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
djb55 said:
Where can I get one of those maps?
Most shops in Asheville/Brevard have them. Once you get done with a warm-up in DuPont there is Bent Creek and then even more trails in the National Forest (pick up the Nat Geo map while you're at the shops). Has to be my favorite MTB destination.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Beautiful pics! There's something about an Ellsworth bike that always conveys it belongs there. Thanks Wick.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts