Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a search with not much info to be found, do any of you have any experience with these racks? I want a rack system that I can use with three bikes and not have to remove the front wheels off. After researching this method looks to be the most promising. I just want to hear real world experience. I really want to know if this system will touch the rims or spokes?? I will be running tires in the 2.35-2.5 range so wondering how the fit will be. Here is a pic and hopefully this thread can shine some light on this rack system.

I posted this up in car and bike with no luck so thought I would try here.

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question, I just ran across this link.
ww w.backcountryracks.com/pipeline-truck-bed-bike-rack.html

They request tire size and width so maybe they have different options when you order???

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Tie downs with two forward and one backwards should work just fine. Backwards one you can tie down by the seatpost or against the tailgate.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been taking off the front wheel and using the fork mount for 8 plus years. The tie down method takes just as long if not longer. Thanks anyways.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
It's not a bad idea and it's simple. The problem I had with a similar truck bed rack, the rear tire bounces around on bumpy roads. It's not bad if it's only one bike, but with multiple bikes, it sucked.

·
Registered
63 Posts
A similar type of rack is the WheelWally. It fits all tire sizes because the wheel mounts to the side of the rack (not into slots) and it is actually "attached" to the wheel so the front wheel of your bike won't bounce up in the air when you hit bumps.

Be careful with any of these racks though because you may only get 2 bikes to install easily. As was pointed out, handlebars can cause interference.

WheelWally - Truck-Mounted Bike Rack - Wheel Attachment System

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts