Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not much action in this forum but I’ll ask my questions anyway.
Anyone running a 29x2.6” tire on their full moxie? Do you have much space for mud? I’m looking for an all rounder but do enjoy technical climbing so I’m interested in how they perform in that regard.

· Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there, I'm working on a Full Moxie build right now. I plan on running a 2.4 in the rear, but I may end up going 2.6. I can post some pictures when the time comes! Sounds like we're after the same bike - I'm hoping it's a decent little climber as well.
Very Cool. Looking forward to your build.

· Registered
11 Posts
Hey noosa! I finished up my build a few weeks ago, but wanted to spend some time on the bike before replying. I've put a good bit of miles on it and raced an enduro a few weekends ago. Overall I really love this bike. It's a beast on the way down and not a bad little climber. Everyone on Pinkbike was trashing it over the weight, but I feel that the weight isn't too bad at all and the climbing position is comfortable. I'm really impressed with the DVO rear shock - for long gravel climbs I've been flipping the compression lever and it feels very efficient. Coming from an older (2015) Stumpjumper, I can definitely feel the length of this bike in the tighter switchbacks. It was strange at first, but it feels pretty maneuverable now that I've adjusted to it. I ended up running a Maxxis Aggressor 2.5 in the rear and there's plenty of room for mud clearance. I don't think a 2.6 would be an issue at all.

Attachments

· Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Hoag,
Thanks for the report out on your full moxie. Now that you have had a couple more months on it do you have any additional feedback? Oh, what size did you go with? At just under 6’ Pipedream has me fitting both sizes but I think the 510mm reach of the bigger size is just too much.

· Registered
11 Posts
Hey noosa! Still really happy with the bike. I’m about 5’9” and went with the smaller of the two frames. Reach feels long but comfortable with a 40mm stem. Tough to say whether you’d like the bigger one more. I do think the bike feels long, even in the smaller size. Additional feedback - Spec wise I’m happy I went with the Pike up front. It feels like the perfect fork for this bike. I have a 31” inseam and am able to run a 210mm dropper which has been really nice as well. The DVO rear shock is solid and I have no complaints there. Overall good stuff!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.