Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Just some guy
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The most recent advertisement banner on Pinkbike has nothing to do with bikes. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. I knew the takeover by Outside was going to change things, but I did not think it would come so quickly. My time with Pinkbike is over. I'm very depressed about this, and as stupid as it sounds, having an existential crisis because of it.

I have written this post because I need somewhere to learn of all the new bikes and components that isn't owned by outside, and because I have no meaning in my life if I don't know about every new inovation in the MTB community.

·
Super Moderator
4,615 Posts
I have a PB account, have had it longer than my mtbr account but I never do more there than glance at the homepage, maybe click an article and then I move on.

MTBR is owned by Vertical Scope: VerticalScope Inc. and there were members here who were not happy when it was bought out from the original owners but for the most part I haven't seen too much change here.

Regardless of what it is a change in routine or habit can be difficult.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Whats worse - ads nothing to do with bikes that are not based on your online profile that Pinkbike could be capturing during use of the site or specific ads targeted to you based on your activity on Pinkpike?

I guess you liked being tracked and profiled then.....

·
Registered
17,174 Posts
I have a PB account, have had it longer than my mtbr account but I never do more there than glance at the homepage, maybe click an article and then I move on.
Now that you mention it, I get more bike news from the Pinkbike homepage than from the MTBR homepage. I don’t even know when was the last time I even looked at the MTBR homepage. In fact, I forget that MTBR has anything other than the forum.

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
Now that you mention it, I get more bike news from the Pinkbike homepage than from the MTBR homepage. I don’t even know when was the last time I even looked at the MTBR homepage. In fact, I forget that MTBR has anything other than the forum.
MTBR used to have a home page with "articles". But now its just the forum and they bury the "articles" in the forum disguised as threads.

·
Registered
17,174 Posts
MTBR used to have a home page with "articles". But now its just the forum and they bury the "articles" in the forum disguised as threads.
I recall having used the want ads to buy and sell stuff about 20 years ago. I used the gear and trail reviews too but they're no longer relevant.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
^^THIS^^ I check the PB home page every day and while I don't care for Outside, I couldn't care less about the banner ads as I'm scrolling thru the content to see if there is anything that interested me. Those ads bother me much less than Francis' constant barrage of pushing mopeds on this site.

·
No Fear
1,264 Posts
The whole human world is collapsing..........

And i think the Mayans.......were right......2012 was the end of the world...............

Every thing has bacame Sh***T & crap...........compared to the 2000's ......bikes ....parts.........components....... cars....home appliances

Social medias have ruined peoples minds............

And on the Sine graph......from -π /2 which was the dawn of humanity ( h-o-m-o- family ) to π /2 which was the peak of our evolution like around a decade ago.............it maybe took around 2MY............

but from π /2 to 3π /2 which is the total collapse...........i dont think it would take more than a couple of hundred years to reach.....

And then...................repeat

Font Tints and shades Rectangle Missile Art

we had some schollars herein Iran.............about 700 years ago..............

They had all illustrated this ( Reset )........ in their poems and told that its inevitable........

And you know every thing folows the Sine graph..........From the whole universe..........................to galaxies to star/ planetary systems.............planets them selves..............Eco systems........................species...................individuals.............eras..................and....................

·
Just some guy
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’m not upset about ads. I’m upset that the ad content has nothing to do with bicycles. The content from Pinkbike lately has been very sponsor related. I need somewhere that shows me every single new bike release. Every single new component release.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts