Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, you read right ;) There's a completely PINK JET9 being raffled off to raise funds for Breast Cancer. Saw this at Speedgoat and decided to post it here since I thing it's a vary worthwhile cause and worth your attention. Looks pretty cool IMHO, even though I prob wouldn't be caught riding it - looks like a very good job on all the paint.

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
So what the heck does the Prostate Cancer bike look like? Can't we throw some money at that cause - I mean, being guys and all....

BB

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
Wowzers! What a pretty pink ladies bike. That would make some SO or GF very happy... :thumbsup:

R.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I saw this on the MTBR home page and checked it out on the speedgoat website, it's a size medium. To small for me (and a little to pink, but just a little) but perfect for my wife so now I'm in for 10 tickets. Woohoo!

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
BruceBrown said:
So what the heck does the Prostate Cancer bike look like? Can't we throw some money at that cause - I mean, being guys and all....

BB
good point.

Light Blue - Prostate Cancer said:
In the U.S., a blue ribbon is the symbol of prostate cancer awareness.
Prostate cancer occurs when the cells of the prostate begin to grow uncontrollably. More than 218,000 men in the United States will be diagnosed with prostate cancer this year. When caught and treated early, prostate cancer has a cure rate of over 90%.
LyNx - thanks for posting that up.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Who cares what size it is; the prudent thing for the winner to do would be to sell it straight away and apply the money towards a Jones. :rolleyes:

·
808+909 = Party Good Time
2,072 Posts
Pink bikes are sweeeeet... I'd ride that for sure... but for all you weak sauce men out there who can't handle the awesomeness of a pink bike, you can just call it salmon coloured.

·
They call me Shoogs
150 Posts
Hey I'm all for saving the Ta-Tas and my prostate for that matter.

·
808+909 = Party Good Time
2,072 Posts
sponge_man69 said:
i email them about the size and they told me that they are planning to build a regular color jet if the winner want another color
I stand by my weak sauce comment

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's decent of them.............

.........even though the rules clearly state it's a MEDIUM frame and no substitutions :skep: Pity it ain't a small, got quite a few shorter female friends I could start riding with a nice bike like that (well it wouldn't be exactly like that as I'd steal the wheels & drive train and replace them with some XT or something ;) ) I'll still prob get a couple tickets, just in case.

sponge_man69 said:
i email them about the size and they told me that they are planning to build a regular color jet if the winner want another color

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
chumbox said:
Pink bikes are sweeeeet... I'd ride that for sure... but for all you weak sauce men out there who can't handle the awesomeness of a pink bike, you can just call it salmon coloured.
I would too, if I could fit on a med. The only thing I'd change is the wheel color (what can I say, I like black wheels).

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
GreenLightGo said:
good point.

LyNx - thanks for posting that up.
That looks like Atomic blue, does that mean that the Rip 9 is the Prostate bike?

·
This place needs an enema
16,107 Posts
The amount (and shade) of pink on that bike makes me constipated.

But I guess I can handle being stopped up for a good cause...

·
Just ride.
230 Posts
Nobel Cause

BruceBrown said:

BB
You got a problem with B(o)(o)Bs? :D

Seriously though..my wife's a cancer survivor so I'll support the cause..

:thumbsup: LO

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:D well what do you know, I have the Prostate Cancer RIP9, along with about a good few hundred people ;)
reydin said:
That looks like Atomic blue, does that mean that the Rip 9 is the Prostate bike?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts