Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Tyranical Teabagger
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some guys on here weren't aware that you could ride from Pinebrook to Mid-Mountain in Park City. I ride these trails often since I live here and did a 2 hour ride on all these trails last night and found some new ones. I knew there was a map online somewhere so I googled and found this new, updated one. For those that don't live in Pinebrook but want to ride Mid-Mountain a little differently, park at Gorgoza tubing park and ride Gorgoza to Sunridge Perimeter to West Perimeter to Mid ( it doesn't look like it connects on this map but it does ) and then you can ride the road back...even stop at O'Shucks in Quarry Village for an after ride beer or two ( next to the Albertson's ).

https://www.plaisier.net/pinebrooktrails/PBTrails.jpg

For those coming the opposite direction INTO Pinebrook you'll come to an intersection with Southeast Perimeter and a sign post with a "KUHL" sticker on it....bear left to go to the West Perimeter trail.

·
Pedal Bike
124 Posts
Map...

Thanks for finding that map.
They try and keep those trails secret
I'm surprised they even created a map.
Who is Singletrack Engineering?
Never heard of them...

·
Registered
39 Posts
So are those trails open to the public, or are they for Pinebrook residents only? I know there is a sign on mid-mt that says you shouldn't go thru Pinebrook, and also see on your map that some trails are public while others aren't. Anyone ever ask you if you live there when you ride them?

·
The Tyranical Teabagger
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are considered "private" but seriously, in 3 years nobody has ever asked me if I live there. I like the fact that there's nobody on these trails but I don't mind posting the map for you guys....never heard of singletrack engineering either. I emailed someone asking for the Delorme file so if they reply I'll post a better map. I technically don't live in the area that makes me able to "ride" these trails but I do live in a condo in Pinebrook so whatever. Enjoy!

·
The Tyranical Teabagger
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmm...wondering if they took it down because of this thread? oops....

·
The Tyranical Teabagger
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Apparently there was a meeting a week ago and some douche bag in Pinebrook said he didn't want anyone riding on his "private" trails because he was a homeowner up here. Someone at that meeting asked him if he rode the Glenwild trails or Mid-Mountain through the Colony...of course he said yes but couldn't understand that he was being an a-hole. I wasn't there but that generally seems to be the attitude around here anyways...

·
Pedal Bike
124 Posts
Any other maps out there?

·
Registered
174 Posts
wow. pinebrook? we aren't talking about a particularly elitest community...at least not from what i remember when i was growing up. i remember good, down to earth, middle income folks.

it is too bad, cause it seems like one of the best things about pc is that the community has always been very open about allowing access to all of the trails, especially considering that they are ALL on private land.

i know this has been going on for a while with the pinebrook trails, but i always thought they would realize that being elitest hurts the community as a whole.

·
Registered
545 Posts
AMEN! I wonder if they teach their children to share?
It would be nice to find out if the get any of that fed trail money. if ya know what I mean.

·
Registered
960 Posts
cyrjm said:
I know some guys on here weren't aware that you could ride from Pinebrook to Mid-Mountain in Park City. I ride these trails often since I live here and did a 2 hour ride on all these trails last night and found some new ones. I knew there was a map online somewhere so I googled and found this new, updated one. For those that don't live in Pinebrook but want to ride Mid-Mountain a little differently, park at Gorgoza tubing park and ride Gorgoza to Sunridge Perimeter to West Perimeter to Mid ( it doesn't look like it connects on this map but it does ) and then you can ride the road back...even stop at O'Shucks in Quarry Village for an after ride beer or two ( next to the Albertson's ).

https://www.plaisier.net/pinebrooktrails/PBTrails.jpg

For those coming the opposite direction INTO Pinebrook you'll come to an intersection with Southeast Perimeter and a sign post with a "KUHL" sticker on it....bear left to go to the West Perimeter trail.

links gone...any way to find it again?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts