Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
What are you looking at?
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still undecided so bare with me.:p

I still kind of want to build up a custom urban/park bike. So I wanted to know, is it crazy to think that I can buy a $500ish(Probably Dobermann Pincher or Black Market Riot) frame, a $400-500(don't know exactly) Manitou Gold Label fork, and spec it with some wat lower end components, 24s and single speed for about $1300-1600?

I really don't plan to do alot of dirt jumping, mostly because I don't have any dirt jumps near me.

I am also considering getting a 07 P2 with a Gold Label but it has 26s and gears.

Or should I look for a used Mob or something similar?

Thanks for repeatedly answering my many questions:thumbsup: .

·
Local Paperboy Hero
986 Posts
Yep, it can definitely be done. I'd go with the Pincher or Riot (even though I ride a P3, I'll be switching to chromo soon). Actually, the Pincher probably has better geo for 24s. You can get a Gold Label for like 350 or less. And you can get some nice BMX cranks for around 100.

Or, have you thought about getting one of the Black Market completes? I think the high end one comes in under your budget and it's spec-ed pretty well if I remember right. I think it's 26s, though.

·
Registered
812 Posts
you can have my nemesis project streetfighter for $550, brand new. If you go that route. However, I also have a dobermann, I've got the Molosse. I rode it at rays, built up with 24s and a DJ2, hopefully gonna be a pike once someone buys the NemProject frame from me, and I can't say how happy I am with the bike, the frame is pure quality. That said I'm sure I would have loved the Nemesis as well, I just choose the dobe because I can roll 26s no problem. Oh, and I've heard excellent things about the blkmrkt bikes, I'd say go with the dobe but you really won't go wrong with your options. [email protected] if your interested

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.