Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
For what it's worth: the big green stripe you see will only be on the left side... If you look at pics of the driveside, you'll notice one small pinstripe only.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ya, but I think that color is going to hurt sales for Rocky should of made the 50 red! I know for one I cant afford to get the 70, but the 50 is within my price range, and now because of the color I may have to order the frame only (70) and build it up myself.. I mean cmon "slime green"! WTH are u thinking Rocky!?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yeah, I know the green is a little polarizing, which I why I kept it subtle. FYI, thath green is one of the "big colors" for 2011. (not necessarily in the RMB lineup, but fashion trends)...

As for what I was thinking, it was mainly that I didn't want every one of our bikes to be a variation of

White / Red / Black
Black / Red / White
Red / White / Anthracite
Anthracite / Red / White
Red / Black / Anthracite
Black / Red / White
White / Black / Anthracite

It's a catch 22: every time we tru to show something that isn't one of those, we get bagged on for being outside of the box. And every time we DON'T do it, we get bagged on for "ahhh crap, ANOTHER red / white / anthracite / black bike!". :madman:

Soooo... Every once in a while we will pull a tasteful Crazy Ivan. Such as this. Wait to see it in real life before making up your mind!

·
newless cluebie
537 Posts
The red on the 30 though.. it was beautiful in person. I literally couldn't stop staring at it.

·
1946:2006:2066
1,458 Posts
RMB-PM said:
Yeah, I know the green is a little polarizing, which I why I kept it subtle. FYI, thath green is one of the "big colors" for 2011. (not necessarily in the RMB lineup, but fashion trends)...
British Racing Green
nothing wrong with that:thumbsup:
edit
and leave off all decals, logos etc
but keep an elegant head tube badge
an RMB signature bike

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
oooooooh, now you've stirred it up, a bit of clear ano on that raw alooniemum frame and some etched logos (or purple ano logos) and Bob's your uncle. :thumbsup: The curvy tubes look really sexy in raw alooniemum. There must be some decent purple ano AM rims out there.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Looks perfect to me Lee!
It was great to see the bikes in person at the Sea Otter. All of the colours look great and I've already put the 70 on my wish list. It'll look fantastic hanging next to my Alti 29 and Team CX! The parts spec is outstanding. I wouldn't change a thing .. and that's saying something considering I'm a really picky bugger.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts