Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
EEP-OPP-ORK-AH-AH
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Treybiker said:
Geez, I had to stand up and recite the pedge when I saw your bike. Were you ever president or something?:eekster:
ha! nice - the 'Stars and Bars' lives for upcoming beer filled July 4th weekends!

·
EEP-OPP-ORK-AH-AH
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bmw said:
Nice bike!

Is that the standard rise on those bars?
yup - standard from Rody - there is somewhat of a flare at the grips which feels very nice in the tight singletrack.

i found myself over-correcting on my maiden ride yesterday as the control is very precise!

·
Registered
296 Posts
feetsnofail said:
yup - standard from Rody - there is somewhat of a flare at the grips which feels very nice in the tight singletrack.

i found myself over-correcting on my maiden ride yesterday as the control is very precise!
Cool. I just ordered a set of Luv Handles and asked for no rise because I have a new frame on the way that has a much taller front end than my last frame. After seeing your pics it doesn't look like they put the position up all that high like the Mary's. Do you think the bars will lose anything without the rise? I imagine mine won't have the flare that you describe.

·
EEP-OPP-ORK-AH-AH
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bmw said:
Cool. I just ordered a set of Luv Handles and asked for no rise because I have a new frame on the way that has a much taller front end than my last frame. After seeing your pics it doesn't look like they put the position up all that high like the Mary's. Do you think the bars will lose anything without the rise? I imagine mine won't have the flare that you describe.
nah! you will love the Luv Handles =)

just finished my 2nd ride on them and they really feel nice rolling through the forest single track at speed :thumbsup:

·
What's that smell?
468 Posts
feetsnofail said:
dude, my favorite accessory! the Spaceman flask holder was made by Ahearne custom cycles, flask by Surly (and filled with a nice 17yo Balvenie single malt scotch). it really takes the edge off on the 'long saddle days' =)
How does your flask fit? I've had 2 Surly flasks, but the Ahearne scratches a pretty good groove in them when I put it in the cage. Did I get a bad cage?

Oh yea, nice ride!

·
EEP-OPP-ORK-AH-AH
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
phxartboy said:
... the Ahearne scratches a pretty good groove in them when I put it in the cage. Did I get a bad cage? ...
i noticed it was a little tight so I took the pliers to it and stretched it (just a little bit) in the opening corners while it was still bolted on (so as not to mess the alignment).

however, I think the Surly flask is pretty thin walled compared to other stainless flasks, so I am expecting some scratching. if it gets too bad, I have an aluminum flask and i might just engrave it and go with that one =)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.