Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Oooooooooooooooh-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! It's a Nomad with a floater and some Chris Bling hubs. Nice build, love the contrast of the white-red.

Hope you don't mind my asking, but whats the floater all about?? I know what they're mainly used for, but on VPP types & FSR's there's really no reason. Are you using it to alter the braking and no I don;t mean brake-stiffening(jack)?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Meh...my Hadley has that already - a 10mm thru-axle.

Yep... I tried to get red Hadley's, could not. Although I have had some people tell me the aluminum T/A they have does not hold up to many taking on and offs. I am working on a 64AL ti set up, should be done soon.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How big of a rear rotor do you plan on putting on that?

Just a standard 6" rotor. I'm all about the best contact, great modulation quality brakes. For me its more about flow and momentum than brute force braking.

·
Registered
878 Posts
dhinkey said:
Just a standard 6" rotor. I'm all about the best contact, great modulation quality brakes. For me its more about flow and momentum than brute force braking.
That's cool. Looks like a well thought out set up. Post pictures of the complete bike when it's done - looks like it will be an awesome build! :)

The Al axle on the Hadley had me wondering too, but so far it has worked flawlessly, and a Ti axle is avaliable also.

Hurry up and get your bike finished, and post a ride report!! :D

·
Your bike is incorrigible
3,179 Posts
Step 1: Finish the build!

Step 2: Take the complete bike outside in the sun.

Step 3: Position yourself eight feet away from the bike.

Step 4: Take a good pic.

Step 5: Post pic here, and stop teasing us! :D

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.