Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both are the same price at Pricepoint. For XC riding. I'm looking for good performance but also minimal maintenance / tinkering. I don't want to have to mess with an air pump before every ride. What are your experiences? Is this the case with the Pilot?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I'm a newbie to mtn biking, only been at it a year. My bike is a Giant Warp DS2 and it came with the RS Pilot XC. I have never had issues with it, I really like it. I had to add a bit of air initially to set it up for my weight (~190 lbs) and once again after the bike sat all winter. I primarily just ride XC with no big drops or anything like that. The bike probably has around 500 miles on it now. I have noticed that the Warps come with the Judy now instead of the Pilot, I don't know the differences really. On the Rockshox websight it says that the pilot is an upgrade from the Judy. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
6,941 Posts
What type of riding are you doing? How much do you weigh? What fork are you using right now? Why are you replacing the fork?

Replacing a $100 fork with another $100 fork is not worth the time. Look around, Jenson has some great deals on the Manitou Skareb for $209, Blacks are being blown out for $200 regularly and you can get Marzochii MX Comps for $229. They are all light years ahead of the Pilot and Judy and will probably be the best upgrade you can make to your bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.