Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone want to meet up at Pikes Peak BMX Track on Saturday morning? Or do you have any other suggestions on what is rideable in the Springs? I will be on a 38 lb. freeride bike so I don't want to do too much pedaling.
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
Well I would meet up with you at the track considering I live like a half a mile from it. :p But.... I'm going snowboarding. :D (Well that is as long as the roads aren't too bad :p ) If for some reason I don't go snowboarding, I'd definitely like to meet up with you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good, if you don't go snowbaording come on out. I will be up there around 10 am and riding for about 2 hours. Will be riding a black Yeti ASX.
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
Looks like I showed up right as you were leaving. I pulled in (green 4door Civic) and saw a nice Dodge Ram (with an ASX/other bike, and hauling a Uhaul trailer) pulling out. :( Sorry I missed ya man, I was looking forward to riding with you. Are you moving out of Colorado or something man? We ought to go riding again soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
Looks like I showed up right as you were leaving. I pulled in (green 4door Civic) and saw a nice Dodge Ram (with an ASX/other bike, and hauling a Uhaul trailer) pulling out. :( Sorry I missed ya man, I was looking forward to riding with you. Are you moving out of Colorado or something man? We ought to go riding again soon.
darn missed you both
we should get i dig sesh them dj's need packed
and the third big one compleated
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
sprocket said:
darn missed you both
we should get i dig sesh them dj's need packed
and the third big one compleated
Yeah the track/jumps look like crap. The lips are all eroded down on all the jumps and things are just real sloppy looking. The track looked terrible too with lots of sand and erosion on it as well. So I left fairly quickly and went down to Goose. :p

I'd be up for a dig sesh though. Give me a call sometime. 4947716. But not tomorrow/monday cuz I'll be skiing. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
Yeah the track/jumps look like crap. The lips are all eroded down on all the jumps and things are just real sloppy looking. The track looked terrible too with lots of sand and erosion on it as well. So I left fairly quickly and went down to Goose. :p

I'd be up for a dig sesh though. Give me a call sometime. 4947716. But not tomorrow/monday cuz I'll be skiing. :D
Goose is Good?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
COmtbiker12 said:
Looks like I showed up right as you were leaving. I pulled in (green 4door Civic) and saw a nice Dodge Ram (with an ASX/other bike, and hauling a Uhaul trailer) pulling out. :( Sorry I missed ya man, I was looking forward to riding with you. Are you moving out of Colorado or something man? We ought to go riding again soon.
Yep that was me. I didn't stay long as the djs were in pretty bad shape. We are moving from Summit County down to Colorado Springs. We had the Uhaul cause we were on our way back from Christmas in Texas and had some furniture in the trailer. I will be back down at the end of the month. We are supposed to move into our place in Colorado Springs on the 26th.

I am defiintly up for helping on packing the jumps once we get moved in and settled.
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
heckler_asx said:
Yep that was me. I didn't stay long as the djs were in pretty bad shape. We are moving from Summit County down to Colorado Springs. We had the Uhaul cause we were on our way back from Christmas in Texas and had some furniture in the trailer. I will be back down at the end of the month. We are supposed to move into our place in Colorado Springs on the 26th.

I am defiintly up for helping on packing the jumps once we get moved in and settled.
*gasp* Moving from like the coolest place in Colorado to the next less coolest place? :p ;)

Goose is a little city-owned dirtjump area.

And Rocky, they're kinda...blah. I mean, I hadn't been there for a good 5months so everything was different and half the jumps were all torn up/sandy, but I had fun for a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
COmtbiker12 said:
*gasp* Moving from like the coolest place in Colorado to the next less coolest place? :p ;)

Goose is a little city-owned dirtjump area.

And Rocky, they're kinda...blah. I mean, I hadn't been there for a good 5months so everything was different and half the jumps were all torn up/sandy, but I had fun for a while.
Is Goose the same as Goose Gossage park?
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
heckler_asx said:
Is Goose the same as Goose Gossage park?
Yup yup.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top