Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2021/2022 pike select plus fork at 130mm travel. I want to up the travel to 140mm. What parts/materials do I need? Is it the 2018+ C1 upgrade kit? I will have a shop install it so whatever I need to bring them, I will buy.

Also, is there any difference between a 130mm fork with this travel upgrade to 140… as opposed to just buying the 140mm fork? I’m looking to raise the stack a little too, so if the height of the fork didn’t change just upgrading the air shaft to 140 as opposed to just buying a new fork at 140… I would buy a new fork. Any help much appreciated!

· Registered
404 Posts
Maybe the laserprinted markings on the stanchions are different (just look by yourself if there are the markings for 140mm).
There is no other difference. You can change the travel to anywhere between 100 - 160mm with the appropriate C1 kit.
Changing the travel means changing the length of the fork and by that changing the stack and the angles of headtube and seattube and changing the height of the bottombracket.

But with 10mm you wont notice any change.

· Registered
203 Posts
If you're getting a shop to do it, then yes ordering the shaft is all you'll need to do (however your shop might have one in stock already so you wouldn't need to order it??). There is only one part/assembly that you're replacing when changing the travel and you could do at home if you have the couple of tools and consumables required, there's multiple videos on youtube you could watch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.