Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that my travel will decrease slightly during some rides. At first I thought I might have changed it or might have accidentally hit it, but I don't think that is it. Has anyone noticed this happening during their rides. I noticed it more doing urban assault and trials riding over trail riding. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I suppose you do have the coil version with u-turn?
Unscrew the U-turn knob with a small allen key. Take out the tiny springs and metal marbles(balls, I don´t know the correct word, I am german ;-) ).

Go to your LBS buy 3 additional marbles and 3 additional springs, put them in the holes in a symmetric pattern. Now there should be 6 balls and springs.

Put the knob back on. Be happy.

You may notice that the u-turn knob uses a little more force to turn. But it won´t adjust without your help, while riding ;-)

Sorry for the bad spelling.

Greetings Znarf

·
Registered
710 Posts
Something Clever... said:
I never thought of that... I actually already have some extra springs and marbles from buying a new u turn knob. I will get right on it. Thanks!
You can also just pull the balls and springs out and pull them a little to make them longer. It will help to tighten the adjuster. Another thing, is to see if the turn knob hasn't come loose a little bit, sometimes just tightening it back down will make it stop moving.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another great idea!

I just got back from an urban session and had to readjust the travel a couple times. Hope these ideas work. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me? Or am I the only one who could not solve the problem and had to post it online for feedback? I still love the fork! I just want this to be an easy fix!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.