Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Trail Bomber
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pulled the trigger on a Rockshox Pike 150mm fork for my Remedy 7. I have done quite a bit of modding to this bike already that have made quite a bit of difference. I am hoping the Pike is the final piece to building my ultimate trail bike. It should be here Thursday, so I will be riding it this weekend and reporting. Here is a list of mods, if you have any questions, let me know. The bike weighs 30.8lbs including pedals. I still have to install the front wheel, waiting on some spacers.

Mods:

-Raceface 30t narrow wide chain ring
-Guerilla Gravity 42t BFC
-Shimano XT cassette
-Shimano XT shifter
-Shimano SLX chain
-DT Swiss 350 hubs + spokes and nipples
-WTB Frequency i23 frequency wheels
-Specialized Butcher 2.3 front tire tubeless
-Specialized Purgatory 2.3 rear tire tubeless
-Spank Oozy 65mm Stem
-Niner Stem Cap
-Chromag Fubar OSX 740 bars
-FSA stem spacers
-Lizardskin Northshore Grips
-Rockshox Reverb Stealth Dropper Post
-Shimano DX pedals
-Push internals in fox shock
-Trek 12x142mm through axle conversion

The pics aren't the greatest. Once the pike is on, I will have better ones :)

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg
photo 3.jpg

·
WTF is downcountry?
679 Posts
I have a question, what's your favorite Avery beer? I put a Pike 150 on my Covert 29 earlier this year, nice upgrade enjoy

·
Trail Bomber
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a question, what's your favorite Avery beer? I put a Pike 150 on my Covert 29 earlier this year, nice upgrade enjoy
I really like the IPA!

10155687_10103280832851695_5135306530648217764_n.jpg

Sneak peak of the install... riding it this evening will report

·
Trail Bomber
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's awesome! Climbs really well, descends like a motha! Totally pleased.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Dude i just wrote on another post I was lusting for this fork for me remedy. Let me know how the set up performs. Ive had my DCRV fork developing leaks

·
Trail Bomber
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So this fork basically brings the bike to a whole new level. Its as plush or more so than the boxxer world cup on my DH rig. even with increasing the travel to 150mm the bike still climbs like a billy goat. On descents you can smash through rock gardens, fly off step downs, and the fork just takes it all. The separate low speed dampening is really nice, and allows me to tailor the fork for the type of riding I am doing that day. The pedal modes are pretty cool, I never use the full lock out, just the pedal mode for the climbs and the full open for descending. I have ridden with the Fox 34 that the Remedy 9 comes with as standard, its a good fork, but the Pike is noticeably better. The only fork that rivals this fork is the new Fox 36, but with over complicated tuning and lack of a quick releasing front axle, it was out of the question. The 150 Pike makes the Remedy a true all mountain machine.

The only draw back now is the fact my DRCV rear shock simply cannot dampen as well as the pike, and therefore I am going to swap for the new Rockshox Monarch.

Sadly as I write this I am waiting for the superglue to dry on the upper stanchion, as I scratched it last night :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts