Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have the same problem. It's the bottom of the spring that is not squeezed together properly. This way it slips over the white part of the U-turn assembly. I can't fix it, 'cause the spring keeps extending. I'm just trying to live with it.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Does your knob still click? Sometimes the three springs and bearings under the knob are lost. The springs push the bearings into the detents of the knob, without it, the knob can turn a bit. Worse comes to worse, you can always replace the spring. They're about 20 bucks.

·
CHOP!
243 Posts
Give this a try...

There are a couple pretty simple things you can try:

- Try stretching out th detente springs a bit with your fingers or some needle nose pliers. This will energize/preload the ball bearings a bit more and provide more load on the underside of your u-turn cap to (hopefully) prevent it from winding down on you.

-Alternatively, buy another set and double up on the balls and springs. Fill all the holes with a new spring and ball.

Oh, you could also remove the grease from the spring and helix inside your fork. More friction will probably make it harder to turn, both intentionally and unintentionally.

Hope this helps
-Cheerio-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.