Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The blue lock out has wiggled loose and now the fork doesn't lock out and seems much easier to compress than before. Has anyone had this problem? Am I looking at having to replace the fork already (it's only 4 months old)?

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Remote or crown mounted compression version?

At the very worst, you need to replace the damper unit or the top section of it.

It could be just a damaged seal or something and your oil is leaking so you're already depleted of oil and the damper isn't locking up.

Or you hit the blue knob (maybe you didn't notice) and broke the compression assembly. Hard to tell without more info.

·
Registered
53 Posts
jaclynj said:
The blue lock out has wiggled loose and now the fork doesn't lock out and seems much easier to compress than before. Has anyone had this problem? Am I looking at having to replace the fork already (it's only 4 months old)?
Wow, my pike suddenly has the EXACT same problem. It occurred after a day of riding where I was doing a lot more gnarly downhill stuff. If you figure it out please post some more info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.