Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so went out for a ride today and half way down the trails noticed alot of oil pissing out the top of my pike rct3 charger 2 i took the top lsc cap and open pedal lock switch off and its comming out from under the compression knob like in the video attached, is this a fix for home or the shop ?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh OK well when i got it back or not long after it had a small amount of oil on the compression damper knob for awhile and i thought nothing of it then today something obviously gave out as the floodgates opened up and oil was running down the lower. sorry not saying its your fault just maybe it was defective from day one, i'll send it down on Monday

·
Registered
11,824 Posts
So yeah, second one of these we have seen. Rockshox have a weak cup seal sealing the HSC dial spindle to the body.

PITA to replace (with an oring which works better) as you've got to knock out the little pins which the RCT3 system is held together with. Would be much easier to fix on RC or RC2. But we don't see those leaking yet.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh wow thanks Dougal i didn't expect such a quick turn around much appreciated, yeah i think in future i'll buy an rc2 fork or (fox 36 grip 2) ive never used the pedal lockout anyway seems silly. also how long is the warranty on rockshox forks ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.