Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok after riding it for a few days that little sticky that RS gives you to hold the cable holder on fork let out even with the zip tie on it. any one who owns a pike how have you dealt with this?

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
RS gives that same piece of crap with all their forks I didn't even bother putting it on my Boxxer.
ZIP TIES :)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea right now it just ziped tied to the fork leg. but im not liking it cuz the cable is a little long and gets caught up in the tire some times and i realy hate when that happens.

·
Registered
115 Posts
NRTH SHORE said:
yea right now it just ziped tied to the fork leg. but im not liking it cuz the cable is a little long and gets caught up in the tire some times and i realy hate when that happens.
I just zip tie it to the arch and electrical tape it to the fork leg. Works well for me since it's a black team fork anyway.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds good. might throw some e tape under the cable were it rubs to save my fork a bit even though i already scratched the for leg :mad: im geting to cocky on it already .

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
one fat sip tie, in the spot with the little nubs for it on the arch. cable on the inside of the leg. doesn't flop, and is close enought o the leg, that there is no contact with the wheel, even with full compression. these are cables for avid mechs, but i don't see why this wouldn't work for hydro hoses as well. had it this way for a few months now.

i guess use more zip ties/tape on the fork leg as needed, depending on how far out from the brake caliper your hose sits.

Attachments

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
Lucky13 said:
I sometimes wonder how people can deal with all those adjustments if you can't even take care of the friggin brake line without asking the forum.
heh. took me a couple minutes is all. had the coil side top cap off. tried the line inside and outside the leg, moving the fork through the travel. no kinking/catching on anything. looked better inside, and less chance of snagging on trail stuff. hooked it up, put the cap/coil back in/on. voila' it's good to go.

basically running the same setup on my z-150, with no difficulties either.

not like it's any different than setting up your line on any other single crown fork.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.