Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is the Pike air pressure chart different from 2018 to 2019/20? They are both debonair springs. Did they change the volume of the main chamber or negative chamber between those years?
I've got a 2017 Pike upgraded with a debonair spring and 2.1 damper which should now be equivalent to the 2020 Ultimate so should I be running higher pressure.

Pike, Debonair, 27.5 B, 160

160-180 lbs
65-75 psi

2019/2020
160-180 lbs
75-85 psi

·
Registered
9,754 Posts

·
Registered
3,202 Posts

·
Registered
10,052 Posts
few may chime in suggesting sag is irrelevant. They'd be arguing with these guys: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/suspe...up-technicians-leogang-dh-world-cup-2019.html
Did you read what DT swiss said?

Its pretty clear that they're giving canned advice to consumers, and that's not how they setup bikes at the pro level.

Most people dont setup their suspension at all. They'll just run whatever the LBS sets them up with for the year. The LBS doesnt have time to deal with actually setting you up, so something close to 25% is good enough to get you out the door. I think that was the basis for the OP's post, he just wants to use chart pressures to get going.

Its never really been an argument about sag, its just that most who know suspension also know that people arent going to take the time to setup a bike any further than sag, so it stops there. It being correct or not hardly matters if no one is going to go further.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.