Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a Pike Uturn with a Hope Pro2. The maxel hub qr seems to stop in the wrong place when the wheel is installed leaving the lever facing strait ahead...
Also, I have a hayes 8 inch rotor- Even though I move the caliper ALL the way inbord, it still has major rub. On the previous fork-Fox Float RL 130 the caliper lined up right in the center.....

Any suggestions for correction would be apreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
mjc said:
I just installed a Pike Uturn with a Hope Pro2. The maxel hub qr seems to stop in the wrong place when the wheel is installed leaving the lever facing strait ahead...
Also, I have a hayes 8 inch rotor- Even though I move the caliper ALL the way inbord, it still has major rub. On the previous fork-Fox Float RL 130 the caliper lined up right in the center.....

Any suggestions for correction would be apreciated.

Thanks
dissassembe it and rotate the lever 180 and put it back together.

·
EDR
10,439 Posts
I've got 8'' hayes rotor on my pike coil and i'm pretty sure I had to put some shims (errr...washers) on the mounts to get it set up right. I don't have it in front of me...get shims, fool around till you get it right. As far as the Maxel.....what everyone else said. Loosen the nut on the opposite end of the lever until you can flip the lever around 180 degrees, re-tighten.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.