Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Couldn't find an answer in my search so thanks for the help! I have a near brand new Pike 327 on a 2010 Pitch Comp. I stored my bike upright against the wall for the past 3 months of unrideable weather and now my shock will not compress as normal. I can raise and lower the travel height through its entire range just fine, but when I apply force the shock feels locked out and it solidly stops/knocks against something after about 10mm of travel. The shock was working perfect when I stored the bike and it had only seen 3 months of riding. I'm not afraid to take it apart and search for the problem, any suggestions on what it could be?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hey guys,

Couldn't find an answer in my search so thanks for the help! I have a near brand new Pike 327 on a 2010 Pitch Comp. I stored my bike upright against the wall for the past 3 months of unrideable weather and now my shock will not compress as normal. I can raise and lower the travel height through its entire range just fine, but when I apply force the shock feels locked out and it solidly stops/knocks against something after about 10mm of travel. The shock was working perfect when I stored the bike and it had only seen 3 months of riding. I'm not afraid to take it apart and search for the problem, any suggestions on what it could be?
the o-ring at the right upper base plate got damaged (not unheard of in a cold weather), and oil from the damper migrated to the lower, thus hydraulocking the fork. you should download the manual, and look into a thread on mtbr which gives the sizes of various pike o-rings

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.