Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Pitch Comp came with a Pike 327 made for Specialized by Rockshox. Here are the specs:

Alu steerer, solid crown, u-turn, maxle, rebound, NO compression adjust or platform (unless it's under the basic flat nut/cap on top of the right leg).

The 426 U-Turn coil comes with a steel steerer, solid crown, u-turn, external floodgate and mission / motion adjust.

Can I just swap the "Reba/Pike/Rev comprssion dmpr Ext.Gate nonremote" into the right side and make my fork a 426? I guess it would even be a 426+ with the aluminum steerer. I'll call it a 440! :)

Is this an easy garage job or do I need a $400 Snap-On kit? :lol:

Thoughts?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was also wondering if anyone has part numbers or info on how to do this. I plan on replacing my med. spring with a firm and was wondering if I can replace the small plastic u-turn knob with the flip up aluminum one. As for the motion control, is this the right part and does it have the compression knob to allow for lock out as well as the floodgate threshold knob? Will it work for a 2010 pike 327 off of a specialized pitch comp?

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=30476
Mfg #: 114308858000
UPC #: 710845304606

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.