Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
bang
1,290 Posts
not too surprising here. the frame looks much better; i never liked enduros because of the ugly frames. the cable routing could be better though (old style looked cleaner). looks like this bike has the new thomson stem too. i wonder if the s-works will have the brain, or a triad like the stumpy...

guess we'll find out. nice pic.

·
Registered
281 Posts
nice!

I like how the shock position allows the seat tube to sit a lot lower in the new frame. That should allow for more lowering of the saddle height for downhill sections compared to current frames.

Hopefully the pierced seat-tube area allow for a coil shock, AVA sleeve, resevoir shocks, etc., without my calves bumping into it. Also hope the rear tire clearance is improved.

Looking forward to seeing this in person. Thanks for the pic.

ralu said:
A picture from the enduro 2005.
Found on a homepage of a dealer in Switzerland:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks very interesting. Some quick observations, the frame somehow looks similar to the current Stumpy, 8" front disc rotors and the fork seems to have at least 6" of travel. Also, I don't see a Brain shock (I'm assuming this is the new S-Works version).

I would like to test drive this one. :) Thanks for the pic.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
lol

wogdog said:
Ralu, YOU ROCK!!!
I think this is how many people feel. There has been a lot of hype over this bike. I bet a lot of 00-04 enduros will be for sale soon ;)

I think the bike looks nice. I thought that the old ones were ugly. At 6" of travel, it is not a bike i will ever ride, but i am sure many people will love it.

Ralu, congrats, i think u just made many folks's day.

·
Registered
230 Posts
oops...

I just peed my pants!!! It looks simple, although the uniterrupted seat tube looks kinda weired angled forward like that. And that looks like a very tall BB.

Got links to the site so we can see the specs?

Thanks for the pic ralu!!! Its only your 3rd post and you're already a hero!

·
Just passing through....
1,331 Posts
I gotta jump in here too cuz this bike looks sweet. Nothing against the previous Enduros, but this is a big improvement in aesthetics. I think I just found my 5"travel bike!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Homan said:
I like the styling of the old Enduro better. Not that I'd have a problem owning this bike though... :)
Same here. Looks like an Enduro and a Jekyll mated. :D

Lou.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.