Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here a couple of pictures of new XCL links from Chumba. These are prototype, and I'm not sure if the swinglinks available are similar or same. As you can see they are quite nice looking and they slackened my bike about 1 degree, maybe a bit more.

If your interested, the headtube my XCL with a Wotan at 160mm and the new swinglinks measured out at 66 degrees. I used an angle finder I bought at Lowes, so I'm not sure of the accuracy but it states that it's accurate within 1/2 degree. Take it for what its worth.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Very nice looking. What shock are you running on that XCL? I keep toying with changing to a coil sprung shock.

I thought that for every 20mm of fork travel, it slackened out the HA 1 degree. So, by running a 160mm fork you should have gone to 67 degrees from 69. Maybe that swing link slackened another degree?

·
Is this thing on?
49 Posts
who, what, how and when can I get those!!!!! I have an email to Alan about the Gen 2 links as well. I'd really like to lower my bb a little

·
Is this thing on?
49 Posts
CHUMBAevo said:
If there's enough demand I can have them machined - one of our customers Max made them. I also have some one-piece swinglinks we've designed in Solidworks - we are thinking of machining a few samples.
ALAN!
I'm more than interested in all the links...chock one up for "in demand"

·
Is this thing on?
49 Posts
Alan told me that they can only be ran w/ a coil...not 100% sure why just yet, but I'm sure we can get to the bottom of it.
That's another expense that I didn't want to take on, but it might just be worth it!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry for the late reply I've been up at Mammoth for the last week.

I'll clean up the ride and post some pics of the whole bike. I'll also take some measurements of BB if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is a very belated pic of my XCL with the custom machined swinglinks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts