Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Test

Here are some pictures of my project....I'm not sure if this bike is light....I have the bike now at 21.3 Pounds....I think some people says under 20 pounds to be light but i'm happy with mine...Any suggestions to shave some weight?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My previous saddle was the TIOGA Spyder and it's similar..So far i like this saddle..I have just one week with this new saddle......Let's see later......I don't know what kind of saddle you have...I broke the Tioga Spyder and they sent me a replacement but got this one really cheap.

The weight is really good..

Baja

·
Seeeriously easy Livin
1,863 Posts
you could try grip shifters, that would drop some weight
lighter disc rotors, alligators, hopes, or scrubs if you've got the big bucks
that stem looks a little chuncky, might want to look for a suntace, or money permitting somthing more exotic.
Cant tell in the picture but you could look at skewers and cassette but yours may already be light.

lose the valve caps and nuts, they arn't necessary, and in race tube changes will be faster.

Looks really nice, but your so close to the 20 lb range, I guess in the meantime you could just weigh it without pedals ;)

·
Registered
322 Posts
baja1974 said:
Thanks for your suggestion...I have before the egg beaters and i broke one :mad: ....I went back to Shimano XTR....They are really good.

I'm dont not the brand of the saddle...I bought the saddle from this store (Abaxo) on ebay...The weight is 124 grams and the price is $58.00.

http://stores.ebay.com/Abaxo_Saddles_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ16QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Baja
Abaxo is an inconsiderate ass hole, stay away from that place. The reason the prices are 'low' is because shipping is stupid high. Don't waste your time.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your suggestions...The STEM is a good change...I will change soon the Front Der and shifters to XTR...Sorry i don't like grip shifters.. .That's right...I need something celeste....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
176 Posts
you guys can't seriously think this is a bianchi worthy of celeste green. A nice bike I agree, but its the same carbon frame used by fetish, fuji etc... I wouldn't get carried away. Last time I built one of these, there was a piece of chinese newspaper stuck inside the headtube....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
luffy said:
you guys can't seriously think this is a bianchi worthy of celeste green. A nice bike I agree, but its the same carbon frame used by fetish, fuji etc... I wouldn't get carried away. Last time I built one of these, there was a piece of chinese newspaper stuck inside the headtube....
Lol..I think you are correct.....I was reading that most of the carbon frames are from China and taiwan...

http://allanti.com/page.cfm?PageID=328

Let me look for the chinese newspaper inside...:thumbsup:

I think i'm going a keep the bike with the current components...I think is enough..

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
kevbikemad said:
thought i had seen that frame before... oh yeah. no name brand on ebay.
[rant]
I am surprised how all you do trust your bodies to some unknown manufacturers that are using material for which production quality and discipline is of particular importance. I understand using some overbuild aluminum with sloppy welds, or even titanium from Taiwan, when welds look of good quality.. But ultralight carbon?
[/rant]

·
Registered
50 Posts
is that a real SID or just an old one? havent seen one like that before... lighter/newer fork would shave a few.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts