Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I'm back home and have had 2 quick races...decided today to go do some intervals on the trails right near home...there are a few mile long climbs, that I can blow out in an interval way..wow didn't realize how much stronger Cali made me, those hills were very doable on my SS...before I left for Cali, last fall those hills were VERY hard on my SS...on some even had to stop to catch my breath...
This is only 10-15 minutes from downtown Baltimore...as your riding you can't believe your right next to the city..amazing!!

The pictures are from my phone but you get the gist....

·
another bozo on the bus
1,244 Posts
I just moved back to Maryland from sNorcal in February and can definately feel the difference. I was able to do 35 miles in the dirt before I moved out there, but I quickly learned that 35 miles in Maryland and 35 miles in the Sierras are way different. I went to Gambrill a couple of weeks back and I remember that first climb being much longer. I think those rides at Coe taught me climbing really is.

·
Premium Member
8,633 Posts
looks cool :).....i keep hearing 'bout the stellar riding on the east....just gotta make time to get out there.....

to Nate - yah, when you comin' back?

and Ed - meh!...you just left, we don't miss you yet.......;)

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh boo hoo..showing no love guys, come on....Gambrills great area....my buddy always takes me to "The Watershed"...have you ridin that area, fantastic rock climbs, tough to clear but a blast...went back out and did 3 hours at Patapsco this afternoon...damn going to miss this being unemployed when I start a new job...all this riding is getting to be alot of fun....Cleared a couple monster tree climbs I have never done before felt good, on one actually turned around and did it again, only to laugh at how easy it really is now that I've done it...more pictures with a real camera a little later.
Ed

·
Registered
607 Posts
Good to see other MDers out here! Yeah the climbs in the west are brutal compared to MD riding (Schaeffer and even gambrills). Gambrills is a rocky good time, but the Watershed is no joke...it's all illegal freeride with ladder drops galore. The other side of the shed has more of a dh run with jumps. The lines those guys built thru there are insane, and my friend back east said they even built up more by the lake! yikes. I'd like to check out the Santa Cruz college ride cuz i heard that was pretty good stuff too...although they may be cracking down on those trails.

cableguy46 said:
Oh boo hoo..showing no love guys, come on....Gambrills great area....my buddy always takes me to "The Watershed"...have you ridin that area, fantastic rock climbs, tough to clear but a blast...went back out and did 3 hours at Patapsco this afternoon...damn going to miss this being unemployed when I start a new job...all this riding is getting to be alot of fun....Cleared a couple monster tree climbs I have never done before felt good, on one actually turned around and did it again, only to laugh at how easy it really is now that I've done it...more pictures with a real camera a little later.
Ed

·
another bozo on the bus
1,244 Posts
I am hoping to get out there in mid-august before hitting Colorado and Utah for our annual hut hijinx. That Grouse Ridge rr gave me the itch to get back out there. I just need to nail down some travel dates and see how much time I can get off from the job. In the meantime, I will just brush up on some technical stuff. Not that Wakefield is technical; especially as far as east coast riding is concerned, but I was able to enjoy trying to hop some large logs. As you can see, back wheel hung up on the the first try, but the second was pretty clean. Hope to see you guys soon :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.