Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4 bikes in my garage and that is with no kids. I can hang all the bikes that don't have hydrolic disk brakes, but am wondering if anyone has built or bought to store bikes in the garage. A economical way to store bikes that uses little storage space. Please post a picture of your "Bike Area".

·
Rollin' a fatty
5,863 Posts
My garage setup

I bolted a piece of 2x4 to the wall and put bike hangers on it.

From the bikes hanging the only one with hydros is the Kona and haven't had any problems with the brakes.

The bikes are:
1) Diamondback Octane 24 (son's rig)
2) Cannondale M700 SS Conversion (finished last night)
3) Kona Unit
4) Giant VT2 (hanging from Park stand)

I have an updated pic but can't upload pics at this time (don't know why).

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DD,

That is one sweet rack of bikes. I heard that if the bike is upside down air bubble can get into the brakes. It is probably some sort of urban legend. Either way, that would get the bikes off the ground and out of the way cheaply. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would recommend against hanging bikes with hydraulic brakes upside down but I also try to avoid this for bikes with hydraulic or oil filled suspensions. Sometimes the top seals just aren't designed for this kind of position and a slow leak may occur over time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No pics here at work but I got a couple of these:
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=2268

To hang in the garage. Picked them up at my local Ace Hardware for $19 though. Wouldn't pay what they are asking. They work slick though and allow you to hang them upright for hydro/oil issues. Since my garage roof is vaulted they hang way up high which I think adds security since they can't be seen when the garage door is open.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.