Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
climb
2,293 Posts
AteMrYeats said:
What's with the Karate Monkey fork with a Niner logo? Nice bike, though.
I don't think that was a KM fork. No V-Brake Bosses, and the dropouts look different. It looks like a niner original--probably made by the same guys that make the KM fork :)...

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
AteMrYeats said:
What's with the Karate Monkey fork with a Niner logo? Nice bike, though.
KM fork? Maybe, maybe not. At the very least the canti bosses have been removed and fork painted.

But one straight blade unicrown fork pretty much looks like another.

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
what's up with that thing that looks like a Heineken cap on top of the Thomson - some type of custom topcap or something or did someone just strategically place a big heiny bottle cap there?:confused:

·
Registered
804 Posts
shiggy said:
KM fork? Maybe, maybe not. At the very least the canti bosses have been removed and fork painted.

But one straight blade unicrown fork pretty much looks like another.
Very true. Those fork legs look mighty familiar, though.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Surely that last pic can't be a functional rotor, looks more like a MadMax-inspired weapon of some sort. You know - run into a guy riding next to you, shred his leg type of thing? Weird.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dave. said:
Surely that last pic can't be a functional rotor, looks more like a MadMax-inspired weapon of some sort. You know - run into a guy riding next to you, shred his leg type of thing? Weird.
It is a prototype to show what they can do. They have a couple different rotor designs and when I am done resizing the 100 photos I took today I will post the other rotor pics.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Niner will be offering a steel fork, as posted on here befor, with pic. It looked taller than the KM fork, and so does this one, at least to me.

·
Registered
19,086 Posts
Big29 said:
I'm hoping for another round of everything in annodized colors to go with all the neon!! :D :cool:
Where's my zebra-striped Etto helmet?

Goddam, I'm on my 4th mug of Peet's already and feeling cantankerous as hell this morning, trying to rile up the Turneristas.

·
Not really that big!
368 Posts
I-Bike

This TNT Turner thing really has the Homers up-in-arms doesn't it! I just want to know if everyone that was at the Dirt Demo is still sobering up, or where the most news regardingthe new BIG WHEEL products are. There hasn't really been any new unveilling that we didn't already know about so far. What gives??? C'mon guys hook us up! PLEASE!!!

Nat said:
Where's my zebra-striped Etto helmet?

Goddam, I'm on my 4th mug of Peet's already and feeling cantankerous as hell this morning, trying to rile up the Turneristas.

·
uh, uh...oh, i forget
1,039 Posts
is that the SIR 9 or the One 9, tubes look a bit smaller, like steel...and does anyone know what the price will be?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.