Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy All. Mike Rutter from Boulder County Open Space just stopped in here at the shop. He asked me to pass along some info. Picture Rock is really muddy and snowy right now. The county is wavering on whether or not to officially close the trail until better conditions prevail. Whether they close it or not, please refrain from riding Picture Rock over the next handful of days. It's going to be a while. thanks!

·
mtbmike
304 Posts
Bad for the trail, bad for the bike... Stay off the trail!

Thanks for the update, Dave, Gonna have to drive to Pueblo to get my singletrack fix this weekend. I sure do miss the PR! The picnic table is done and the plaque are done... I look forward to taking pause at the table when things dry out =D.

Reminders: Pics of us building the trail: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtnbikemike/BMABanquet2009PictureRock#

Picture Rock picnic table: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtnbikemike/PictureRockPicnicTableWinter20092010#

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure about Hall. I haven't been to there in quite a while. Anyone else? I bet the frontside is ok frozen, but everything else around here is still pretty muddy.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bummer, I've been riding PR early in the day while it is still frozen and would like to keep doing so but if people can't help themselves and have been riding it while muddy I guess I'm glad the trail won't get trashed.

EDIT: Looking a the forecast it would not have been frozen enough this weekend anyway at any time of day so they probably made the right call.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Anyone been on the front side of Heil recently? It holds snow well since it is treed in for the most part, so I am hopeful it is in decent shape, especially early morning.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.