Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
'89 Slingshot

I posted a few pictures of this bike when I first got it and it was filthy. I got it cleaned up in June and forgot to post pictures. I rode it all summer and got it filthy again. Just cleaned it up again and snapped a few pictures at work. It gets a new Turbo saddle this weekend.

Photobucket

Photobucket

·
Down South Yooper
1,010 Posts
jacdykema said:
I posted a few pictures of this bike when I first got it and it was filthy. I got it cleaned up in June and forgot to post pictures. I rode it all summer and got it filthy again. Just cleaned it up again and snapped a few pictures at work. It gets a new Turbo saddle this weekend.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Nice paint on that 'Shot, love it. I had a ~'92 Slingshot that was originally lilac purple, but I like yours better I think..

Plum

·
Registered
281 Posts
Thanks! I found it on Craigslist last year and the paint is what originally sold me on it as the pictures were too bad (and the bike was too dirty) to make out much. It wasn't until the guy sent better pictures and I could see that it was built up with some of the cooler parts of the late 80's. Its been an absolute blast to ride.

·
Registered
281 Posts
MrOrange said:
That is pretty spanky, even I like it.

Rumpfy should wuv it.
Thanks! Just to be clear, you are the Slingshot hater yes?

I believe Rumpfy's response to when I posted the filthy pictures of the bike was "still jealous" which I figure as far as Slingers are concerned is about the best endorsement I'm going to get.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.