Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Old School
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my "daily driver". One of the last Ala Cartes to come out of Petaluma, CA.

It's not "vintage" but get's closer every day.

It's funny though, some kids now days think it's old if it doesn't have rear suspension and disc brakes. ;)

Cheers and happy Friday!

Joe

Attachments

·
Neo-Retro Forever
1,576 Posts
ssmike said:
Maybe a video Friday? Why is it the dog wants to play first thing in the morning when it's 32 degrees and all I want is to sit down with a cup of coffee?
Wow...you have my life! Mine also does it at 10pm...when I'm looking forward to sleep!

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
richieb said:
Wow...you have my life! Mine also does it at 10pm...when I'm looking forward to sleep!
At 10 mine puts himself to bed in his crate. It's when I get home at 5:30 and now I want to sit down with a beer that he wants to play more. Oh well, at least he's also a great riding companion.

Some pictures from a road ride a few days ago. Spectacular weather.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,650 Posts
ssmike said:
Maybe a video Friday? Why is it the dog wants to play first thing in the morning when it's 32 degrees and all I want is to sit down with a cup of coffee?
Haha! Good doggy!

We lucked out because ours likes to sleep in. :D

·
Registered
618 Posts
Retro shifting for 9 speeds. The Paul Thumbies, Dura Ace Bar-Cons and XT Shadow derailer work almost as nice as 7 speed XT, but have a longer throw and the cable routing is not as nice. I like it way better than RF+ though!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
outside! said:
Retro shifting for 9 speeds. The Paul Thumbies, Dura Ace Bar-Cons and XT Shadow derailer work almost as nice as 7 speed XT, but have a longer throw and the cable routing is not as nice. I like it way better than RF+ though!
Is it just me or does that look really awkward to shift?

1 - 20 of 85 Posts